Contemporary Stove FittedFebruary 20, 2013
As follows how MKfreplace installed a 9meter 150 TI Poujoulat twin wall rigid system for a freestanding Merlin Midline 4.9kw multi-fuel matt black stove with a Packwood natural cream stone fireplace.
- Re-design fire opening to create chamber, sweep chimney, install chamber fireboard and stone hearth/legs, with 300mm projection in front of stove glass, 200mm each side, 50mm at the back of stove.
- Off the top outlet of stove with adaptor to 150mm TI Poujoulat flue system.
- Straight flue pipe to the ceiling, ceiling cut out with 50mm clearance from flue pipe, ventilated firestop plates and joist/ceiling supports used, insuring no flue pipe joints are between ceiling void.
- Into bedroom flue pipe boxed in with access panel and air vents and plastered.
- Ceiling cut out with 50mm clearance from flue pipe, ventilated firestop plates and joist/ceiling support used, insuring that no flue pipe joints are between ceiling void as the flue goes into the loft space.
- Flue pipe offset to avoid ridge termination , mesh/rigid protection used allowing clearance to combustible surfaces.
- Through roof with rafter/roof support used, tiled roof, lead flashing with storm collar used, rain cap termination to 600mm above the ridge. Wall brackets used every 1.5 meters.
- Stove thermometer and carbon monoxide alarm installed.
- Stove and flue system tested and commissioned.
- Advised customer how to use controls.
- Issued HETAS certificate of compliance and fix data plate.